Sunday 10 May 2015

Update - Bits and Pieces done almost there 35 Weeks since start .......

Have had a few requests for a blog update so here we go.

It's been a month since my last update and some work has been done on the house, we are almost there....... I hope.

It's been about 35 weeks since site scrape happened, and my contract period IIRC was 26 weeks. Not sure how much longer it will be but let's hope were in before the end of the year lol !!!

Since my last update the following has been completed.


  • Internals all painted and done.
  • Kitchen back splash installed 
  • Rainwater tank installed and plumbed in.
  • Door handle installed
  • Garage door installed.
  • Bathroom sinks, taps etc have also been installed.
  • Alarm looks like in has been installed.
  • All electrical looks like it's complete.
  • Probably a few other things I have missed.

Unfortunately our internal doors were stolen sometime over the past few weeks, so the builder has had to replace these. It's a shame I would imagine trades people themselves are stealing from builders. I hope these guys get caught, but I'm not sure if a police report was made.

I only have a few pictures of the outside for the time being, but I have already been able to spot a few things I am not too happy about, which I will want fixed up before I get the keys.
  • What appear to be drill holes in the top of the door frame, for no apparent reason. I have managed to find 8 in total. Not sure why I would be expected to accept a stuff up on such an expensive door. It almost looks like they used off cuts, or installed it the wrong way around.
Took this photo a what feels like and probably is months ago when the painters were on site.


  • Scratches on the back gutter where the installers were too lazy to cut off the section they damaged when they ran out of guttering and thought it acceptable to install fresh gutter next to the scratched gutter.

Hopefully I don't find much else when we walk through.

I only have a few photos from outside of the house.




I am looking forward to this build coming to a close, so hopefully it happens sometime soon. Would love to be able to finish off the flooring, and all the rest of the stuff that needs to be done before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment