Monday 30 June 2014

BASIX & Admin

BASIX ….

So the admin phase begins, and so far it has been pretty painless. I have found the staff at head office to be professional and courteous. I have had a few hiccups I wasn’t expecting which could or could not have potentially been avoided, but don’t seem to be as a result of anything that Provincial could have avoided.

CDC required a site specific bal/bushfire assessment to be done, which when you know that the lot has been rated BAL 0 by a prior developer obtained survey seems a little wasteful. I sourced this one myself and saved a little bit of money but it still left a $660 hole in my pocket. It seems like it’s part of the bureaucracy that surrounds going through CDC. The sad part is that this comes out of the upgrades budget :(

The BASIX results came back with some minor upgrades which I hope will save me money in the future… circa $600 was needed for some upgraded wall insulation and improved window frames.

Sewerage Dramas
There may be another hit to come from the water board for a survey to determine where the waste pipe runs. I think this is something that can hopefully be avoided. I have already got a existing sewerage diagram as provided by the developer, and the site has a manhole cover in the rear corner, which when compared to the rear of the house gives me I reckon to be about 4 meters of distance. As long as it’s not too deep I reckon the house should be well outside of the “Zone of influence”, based on my research if the sewer is 1.5m – 3m deep and you are within 600mm you will need to encase the pipe in concrete. Within 4 meters you may need some foundation protection. Based on my site plan I think I am more than 4 meters away, and I highly doubt the sewer main being as deep as 3 meters.

Hopefully this one turns into a win and I don’t need to fork out $800 for a sewer survey and we can actually put that money towards the internals appointment.

Stay tuned…. I’ll be updating on this issue, and soon colors and electrical which will happen in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment