Monday 29 June 2015

Countdown to Hand Over ..... tick tock

We have booked in handover for the coming Friday pending the bank finalizing the final payment.

I spent sometime on Saturday meeting the neighbors and cleaning up some of the trash left behind. A word of warning to anyone building. The reason builders don't allow free access to the site is because at the end of the day it is a construction site. The sheer amount of nails and scarily razor blades I picked up amazed me. They were mainly near door ways too.

It's to be expected to do some cleaning outside with building, and the majority of neighbors found the same stuff I did during there builds.

It was actually great to see that Provincial has almost got the house ready for handover. Progress has been made and I reckon fingers crossed I'll have an immaculate house at handover.
  • Scratched windows have been fixed
  • Remaining painting looks like it has all been done
  • Cabinet doors are back in place

The only outstanding I found which I have spoken with my site supervisor about today are.
  • Scratched guttering still to be replaced. Not really sure why this is so hard, the SS thought it had been fixed. I assured him it wasn't. My thinking is that if I had hired the guttering guys myself I wouldn't have accepted that level of work, so why should Provincial.
  • A outdoor tap seems to be faulty and has been dripping no matter how hard it is turned off.
and finally....... BRICK CLEANING

It's a bit frustrating to be honest, randoms on the street and landscaping guys have pointed out some of the mortar stains on the bricks, especially on the front of the house. The best quote from a guy who built using the same bricks on Saturday was "They are a nice brick, it's just a shame they didn't pay attention during the clean..... will you be they be coming back to sort it out ?" I'm not to happy about it either and is probably my only remaining pet peeve left on this house.

I have requested that at least the front of the house is cleaned up properly, and my SS has said he will see what he can do.

We shall see what happens !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment